Use Your C.H. Booth Library card to access these services from home!
- America’s News, from NewsBank, compiles digital newspaper articles from a wide variety of sources, both archived and current.
- The Newtown Bee, from NewsBank, compiles digital newspaper articles from this local gem, including archived and current issue
- U.S. Major Dailies: U.S. Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected U.S. national and regional newspapers, including The New York Times and Washington Post, co-exclusive access to The Wall Street Journal, and exclusive access to Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. The titles offer researchers thorough and timely coverage of local, regional, and world events with journalistic balance and perspective.
Business & Finance
- Consumer Reports Online: Access to the online version of Consumer Reports magazine including overview articles, rating charts, the contents of the print edition and more.
- Value Line: The uncontested authority in reliable, unbiased information, Value Line puts you in the driver’s seat with accurate and insightful investment research on companies, industries, markets and economies.
- NEW! ReferenceUSA has vital information on every business & consumer in the United States & Canada. It assists business executives in finding valuable sales leads, conducting market research or competitive analysis, and provides an avenue for businesses to do effective marketing & outreach. Students are able to reference this data for research projects and job seekers may find gainful employment. ReferenceUSA provides data on businesses, consumers, healthcare providers, new movers & homeowners, as well as historical business information.
- Small Business Reference Center: offers exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics. It includes business videos, a help and advice section and details on how to create business plans.
- Learning Express offers many ebooks and tutorials to help you prepare for a variety of exams and standardized tests (e.g. ACT, SAT, ASVAB, and more!). Also provides self-paced online computer tutorials.
- MedlinePlus: Find information on health conditions, wellness issues, and more in easy-to-read language on MedlinePlus, the up-to-date, trusted health information site from the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine. (No library card required!)
- Substance Abuse: Salem Press Health series Addictions & Substance Abuse reference set. Available for use in the library and from home.
- researchIT CT: Journal, magazine, and newspaper articles for Connecticut public, K-12, and academic libraries and their users. Also offers a collection of downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks.