Need a Book Now? Learning & Entertainment, updated 6/1
…you’re in luck, despite our doors being closed. We have many digital options available, that allow you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! Some allow you to stream titles immediately, or download to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. We have hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily.
Due dates have been extended to July 1. Subscribe to our mailing list here to be the first to know of news and developments. Remember, all of your library materials are automatically renewed for you until July 1, and no overdues will be charged. You have plenty of time!
We will be having a library materials return event on Thursday, June 4, from 2 pm to 6 pm. Come to our back parking lot and drive up to the POD! Please no donations at this time.
Follow the Young Adult department’s new Instagram account for YA-specific news, book recommendations, and more fun stuff!
Would you like a brief email every day highlighting an event and/or service of the library? Click here to subscribe!
Let’s talk books!
Have you been participating in the 2020 Reading Challenge but miss the chance to talk with others about the books you’ve been reading and what looks good for next month? Check in with staff from the library and other readers at this virtual Reading Challenge Roundup! Tuesday, June 23 from 7:00-8:00 pm. Register here.
Need a library card to access online resources?
Borrow digital library materials 24/7 from:
- Hoopla has movies, TV, music albums, audiobooks, e-books, and comics/graphic novels. No hold lists and an easy sign up. Six checkouts per patron per month with their app or website. Through the end of April, there’s a section of bonus borrows that don’t count towards your 6 checkouts! Many of them are cookbooks and wellness books to help you in your staying home!
- Kanopy offers a variety of movies, documentaries, and even Great Courses! No hold lists, and easy to sign up. Seven checkouts per patron per month. Plus, there’s a set of credit-free viewing movies that do not count towards your 7, plus Kanopy Kids!
- OverDrive offers thousands of titles, available digitally as e-books and audiobooks to download on a wide variety of devices. Check out items through the Libby app or website or the library’s catalog.
- TumbleBooks is an online collection of e-books for children that features over 250 animated, talking picture books. The site also includes Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, quizzes, and exciting games and puzzles. Your library card gives you unlimited access to TumbleBooks, here in the library, from your home computer or on your mobile device.
PLUS! Get free temporary access to the following:
- Ancestry – Normally available only within the library, right now you can research your family tree from the comfort of your own home!
- Kirkus Reviews – Get digital access to book reviews, recommendations, and the latest literary news from a trusted voice in book discovery!
- ReferenceUSA provides data on businesses, consumers, healthcare providers, new movers & homeowners, as well as historical business information – vital information on every business & consumer in the United States & Canada!
- TumbleMath – A collection of math-related interactive picture ebooks for grades K-6.
- TeenBookCloud – A collection of ebooks specially curated for grades 7-12. For leisure, and for education.
- AudioBookCloud – Audiobooks for all ages, with no wait times.
- RomanceBookCloud – A huge collection of Romance novels for our grown-up patrons!
- And, these ABDO resources for distance learning:
A Note On Privacy
The library cares about your privacy! As you discover and sign up for newly-available digital resources, please keep in mind the various privacy policies that these platforms have in place, so you can protect your digital life.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has a great article discussing privacy issues related to online tools you might be using during this crisis.
Thank you to the Friends of the C.H. Booth Library, whose amazing support helps us to offer these services!