Calling all Makers!
chbMAKERS’ Corner is a gathering place where you can discover new skills, create your own projects and network with other makers in our community.
chbMAKERS is currently located just beyond the YA Department on the 2nd floor. In the fall of 2017 we received a Connecticut State Library Grant which allowed us to create a Makers’ studio with a beautiful mural designed by Toni Miraldi.
A generous anonymous gift, funding from GE Capital and fundraising efforts by the CH Booth Library’s Board of Trustees allowed us to purchase the equipment and supplies. chbMAKERS provides free access to new technologies and materials that allow you to learn new skills, create your own projects and connect with other makers in the community.
The chbMAKERS’ Corner is stocked with an array of devices to provide users with options to explore a variety of new technologies.
What we have:
- Lulzbot Mini 2 3D Printer
- Button Maker (1.5″, 2.25″ and 3″)
- Cricut Explore Air Wireless Cutting Machine
- Laminator ($0.50/sheet)
- littleBits Educational Package
- MaKey-MaKey kits
- Arduino Starter Kits
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kits
- Sewing Machines (Brother CS-6000i)
- Soldering Irons
- Spheros – App controlled robot balls
- Table Looms (10″ and 15″)
- Conversion Station: VHS and Vinyl Record conversion
- And more!
Once you’ve been trained on using some or all of the equipment you’ll be able to make appointments to use the equipment on your own. Please call the library at 203-426-4533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.