Looking to donate books, media (CDs, DVDs, LPs), puzzles, and games to the Friends? Just use the rear entrance to the library, take a right at the Children’s Department, and drop off your donations in the Friends’ Donation Room (opposite the elevator).
The Friends’ mission is to raise funds in support of the C.H. Booth Library. We must thus decline the following items for which there is no resale market:
- VHS and cassette tapes
- “Free” items (e.g., AAA guides, government publications)
- Multi-volume encyclopedias and Time-Life series
- Magazines, newspapers and other popular periodicals
- Outdated (i.e., more than 5 years old)
- Reference books
- Travel guides
- Readers’ Digest condensed books
- Computer hardware, electronics, household appliances, clothing items, etc.
Questions? Too much to transport? E-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 203-270-4537, and a Friends’ volunteer will contact you with more information or to arrange for a pickup.
All donations to the Friends of the C.H. Booth Library, a 501(c)(3) organization, are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. Tax receipts are available upon request.
Donated items may be offered for sale at the annual summer book sale, The Little Book Store (in the library), or other outlets.
You can also donate to the Friends by becoming a dues-paying member or making a monetary donation. Please visit Join Us for a membership form.