Statement of Commitment to Patrons
The C. H. Booth Library strives to be an institution and building where Newtown patrons, including every race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, tenure in town, education level, and socioeconomic class, feel seen, valued, safe, and well-served.
We commit to:
- Continuing to learn and grow through consistent and ongoing training in diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Adopting inclusive language in all written, oral, and electronic communications;
- Expanding the diversity of the staff and board of trustees;
- Ensuring all organizational leadership, staff and volunteers embrace the values of mutual respect and dignity for all persons;
- Expanding the diversity of collections, programs, and exhibits;
- Convening and facilitating conversations and partnerships in service of diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- Monitoring our progress.